When the insurgence of the Internet happened in the late 90’s everyone thought that they will finally have a quick access to information all over the world. But with the insurgence of Social Media sites like Twitter, people from that era surely did not expect the evolution of information sharing that has been happening in the recent years.
At Top Dog Social Media one of the platforms that we use in our business is Twitter. We can testify that this site has greatly helped us in information dissemination and reaching out to our clients whenever they need us and wherever they are.
Twitter is a site that has been known for being one of the pioneers of microblogging. The interface of their web site is really simple. You just have to sign up, have a username and start updating your account by answering the question “What are you doing?” in 140 words or less. It’s like status updates in Facebook and other networking sites but your words are limited.
This became an advantage to the site because the content of their site is straight to the point and concise. If a business wants to update about their latest promotions, new products and services, consumers will get a real-time update and they will learn about it without businesses having to beat around the bush.
If you’re a business owner and you want to use Twitter effectively, below are some tips on how to utilize the site in such a way that it can provide positive results.
- Tweet about ideas that are also not related to your business.
- Remember that it’s important to show that you care about the people who follow you.
- As much as possible, reply to all inquiries or questions that your followers may have.
- You can also retweet interesting things that your followers have said about your business or something unrelated.
- Always be wary of using automatic direct messages. This will save you a lot of time but it will also give the impression that you are too lazy to reply to every questions individually.
- Do not tweet about your products and services all the time. Try to relate them to other relevant things that you can find on the Internet. This will make your tweets more interesting to those reading them.
- Always include key words that have high search counts. People often follow accounts with certain key words they are interested in.
- If you provide links to web site in your tweets, always remember to shorten the URL with the help of sites like www.bitly.com or www.shorturl.com. This will give you more characters to describe what the link is about.
- Do not be a spammer. Only direct your messages to those who you think are interested with what you have to say.
- Always remember that an active Twitter account will always have more followers. The key with Twitter is consistency, it is important to be active on twitter or people will unfollow you.
Those are just ten out of the many ways that you can utilize Twitter to help you promote your business. There are a lot more strategies that you can use to increase the visibility of your business through the use of Twitter. I share many social media strategies each day on a variety of topics including Twitter Marketing, you can follow me at http://Twitter.com/MelonieDodaro. If you need any help with getting the most out of Twitter or any other social network, feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com.