We live in an information explosion era and that is especially true in the area of digital marketing and social media. The plethora of what is available online includes digital marketing blogs, podcasts and YouTube channels dedicated to all things digital.
So, how do you cut through the clutter to get to the real digital marketing experts who can give you reliable, tried and true information that will bring you proven results?
We’ve compiled a list of digital marketing resources from people we know and trust that bring you the best and most up-to-date information available. The wealth of knowledge these digital marketing pros share will help you plan and execute your marketing programs and measure the results.
These carefully selected group of digital marketing experts offer their wisdom in a variety of formats, so, without further ado, we present – in alphabetical order our list of the top digital marketing blogs, podcasts & YouTube channels that consistently offer accurate and high value content.
Top Digital Marketing Blogs:
- Convince & Convert founder Jay Baer is a 24-year digital expert, a global keynote speaker and a New York Times best-selling author as well as a trusted advisor to dozens of brands. One of his latest blogs had the intriguing title of “Non-Creepy Personalized Marketing Must Have Youtility.”
- Brian Clark is founder of Copyblogger Media which seeks to empower online writers and producers to command attention, create engagement, and influence people as powerful players in the new media revolution. His humorous blog on Getting to the Point reminds all marketers to focus on their content without annoying their audience.
- Ian Cleary of RazorSocial, is known as the “social media tools guys” because he focuses on great content and building relationships. Featured blog posts include: “The ELEVATE Framework For Building Your Content Marketing Plan” and “How to Know if Your Content Marketing is Ineffective.”
- Author, speaker and consultant Joel Comm loves social media despite it’s dark side. He explains this in his blog “The Good, Bad and Ugly of Social Media.”
- Entrepreneur Pat Flynn launched Smart Passive Income to help others start their own online business in the belief that if you share the truth, be honest, work hard, and lead by example, you can succeed. Blogs such as one on building an email list offer step-by-step instructions to get you started.
- International bestselling author, keynote speaker and a highly sought after marketing strategist, Kim Garst helps people build, grow and scale their business. Check out her insightful, blog post, “Free Is The New Broke: Why Free Media Rocks, But May Not Be Enough.”
- A high school dropout who worked her way up the corporate ladder until her entrepreneurial spirit took over in 2006, Lisa Larter has since then built and sold companies and generated millions of dollars in sales. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by your business, check out her blog on how to organize that overwhelm and more forward.
- Digital Content Strategist Donna Moritz has a passion for visual storytelling and is the founder of the award-winning blog, Socially Sorted. A regular speaker and trainer, she helps businesses leverage the power of visual storytelling and content strategy.
- Recognized as an award-winning blogger as well as a leading Social Media Content and Marketing Influencer, Rebekah Radice offers practical advice for businesses in her blogs posts. Read her blog on Digital Marketing Skills for a taste of what she offers.
- Known as “The Premier Facebook Marketing Authority,” Mari Smith is a top Social Media Power Influencer and has been dubbed by one publication as the “Pied Piper of the Online World.” Her weekly “Social Scoop” blog offers savvy marketers helpful posts, resources and tips to help their business marketing efforts.
Melonie Dodaro (yes that’s me) from Top Dog Social Media has earned a global reputation as a no-nonsense speaker, trainer and author in the field of LinkedIn and social selling. Her strategy is simple and step-by-step and that is to convert strangers into connections and connections into clients and advocates while building trust, authority and credibility.
Business lead generation is the process of identifying new prospects, then utilizing a variety of tactics to turn those leads into new sales opportunities.
– Melonie Dodaro
Top Digital Marketing Podcasts:
- Tyler Anderson is a social media marketing entrepreneur, speaker, and host of the Social Media Social Hour Podcast. He has more than 15 years of digital marketing, social media marketing, and public relations experience and has worked with hundreds of brands on social media and content marketing initiatives.
- John Lee Dumas is the host of Entrepreneurs on Fire, an award-winning podcast where he interviews today’s most successful entrepreneurs. With more than 2000 interviews and 1.3 million monthly listens, he is also the author of The Freedom Journal.
- Christopher Penn is the vice president of marketing technology at the SHIFT Communications public relations ﬁrm, as well as the co-founder of PodCamp New Media Community Conference and co-host of the Marketing Over Coffee
- Amy Porterfield is a Facebook and online marketing expert and educator as well as the host of the top-ranked podcast, Online Marketing Made Easy. Her podcasts inspire more than 250,000 entrepreneurs in their marketing efforts.
- Learn How to Podcast 101 is a more than two-hour video tutorial helping others lay a solid foundation for setting up a podcast for future success. The podcasting tutorial is the brainchild of Cliff Ravenscraft, also known as the Podcast Answer Man.
- Leslie Samuel is the creator of Become a Blogger and the host of the Learning with Leslie podcast, where he teaches the art of professional blogging. Check out his “Facebook Doesn’t Care About You So Get Over It” podcast.
- The Marketing Companion Podcast is the brainchild of entrepreneur Mark Schaefer, a globally-recognized marketing author, consultant, and blogger. Along with co-host Tom Webster, the pair offer one of the most acclaimed and beloved on-demand radio shows out there.
- Sigrun inspires people who want to create and grow an online business with podcasts such as “Forget Bitcoin, Learn to Write Emails That Sell” and other compelling and helpful information.
- A leading Twitter marketing expert, Madalyn Sklar hosts the #TwitterSmarter Podcast as well as the Twitter chat that brings together hundreds of people in an active one hour discussion. Since launching two years ago, it has reached 4.64 billion impressions.
- Perhaps best known for their annual Social Media Marketing World gathering in San Diego, Social Media Examiner founder Michael Stelzner and his team help millions of businesses discover how to best use social media to connect with customers, drive traffic, generate awareness, and increase sales. Their weekly Social Media Marketing Podcast features success stories and expert interviews from leading social media marketing pros.
Top Digital Marketing YouTube Channels:
- Roberto Blake is a Graphic Designer helping entrepreneurs and small businesses improve their branding and presentations. With more than 1000 videos of education-based content on YouTube he has built a following of over 200,000 and his work has been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur and Huffington Post.
- Ryan Deiss is the driving force behind Digital Marketer, an online community for digital marketing professionals. They help entrepreneurs learn how to market like a pro, connect with industry experts, and get the strategies and tools you need to grow and scale their business to new heights. Check them out on YouTube.
- Steve Dotto spent 15 years as host and executive producer of the nationally syndicated TV show, Dotto Tech. Labeled “Canada’s most respected geek,” Steve has entertained and educated millions on all aspects of technology and continues to do so on YouTube.
- Over the past few years, Derek Halpern has developed an approach to marketing that both works and is effective. With it, he has built more than a few wildly popular websites, one of which attracted more than one-million views in one day. His video, “Stop Being Cheap,” makes the point that you need to invest money in your business if you want it to grow!
- Jon Loomer has been teaching about Facebook and Facebook advertising since 2007 and does so vis has blog and also his YouTube He a wealth of information on all things Facebook advertising from the basics to advanced techniques.
- Building upon her digital marketing blog, Rebekah Radice offers deeper training via her Brand Authority Show a weekly live video series dedicated to helping entrepreneurs build a powerful online brand.
- Amy Schmittauer (now Amy Landino) is a globally-recognized YouTuber, speaker, author, podcaster, and marketing consultant. You’ll find her at YouTube channel formerly Savvy Sexy Social, now Amy Landino where she teaches others how to leverage video storytelling and shares her collection of strategies and tactics to help you create video that gets the attention you deserve.
- Tim Schmoyer posted his first YouTube video more than 10 years ago. Since then he’s created over 3,000 videos, amassed over 50 million views and became officially certified by YouTube in “Audience Growth.” In 2013, he started Video Creators to train other creators to master the YouTube platform and use it as a place to spread messages that change lives.
- Love ’em or hate him, Gary Vaynerchuk (a.k.a. Gary Vee) has been a pioneer in the digital marketing field since the late 90s. He’s a self-described serial entrepreneur and the CEO and co-founder of VaynerMedia, a full-service digital agency serving Fortune 500 clients across the company’s four locations. Check out the latest videos on his YouTube channel, The #AskGaryVee Show.
- You might think his name is a nom-de-plume, but Owen Video is the founder of BizTube Academy – the only YouTube Marketing Course made for business owners. Owen is a YouTube marketing consultant specializing in small business growth and has made over 1,000 videos for the web.
There you have it. This is a list of some of the top digital marketing blogs, podcasts and YouTube channels dedicated to helping businesses of all sizes succeed in the digital world.
Check them out for yourself and subscribe to their emails, blogs, podcast and YouTube channels. If you do, let them know we sent you and good luck as you move ahead with your digital marketing efforts and building your business.