Have you made an incredible video to help promote your product or service? Then it’s time to optimize it for YouTube’s search so that your future customers can easily find it. There is no point in producing a quality short as part of your video marketing strategy if no one can find it.
8 Ways To Improve Your Video Marketing Strategy
1. Strive to make a viewer stay with you for at least the first 8 seconds. This is the most important time to grab a viewer, because if they click away before those 8 seconds pass, they do not count towards your # of views total. Save your biography for later. Get their attention first.
2. Make sure you have a Facebook page and post your YouTube videos there also. Also post your videos on your blog and Twitter account. This multiplies your opportunities for exposure and provides cross-channel traffic between the different social sites.
3. Embed your video inside your blog posts. Personally, I like to write a blog post to accompany my new videos so I can gain more traffic to my site as well as an opportunity to funnel blog readers to my YouTube channel.
4. Ask people to share your video in the title or description tags, preferably in the video itself. People will often do what you request, but you have to come out and ask for it first!
5. Follow the specific directions of each website where you will submit your video. There are slightly different submission policies for each site, so make sure you follow them to ensure your video doesn’t end up in the virtual trash bin.
6. Use tags intelligently. Use your brand name and any relevant terms and keywords you can imagine your target market searching for online.
7. Enable embedding and syndication. This will allow people who want to share your video on their blog to do so.
8. Titles and descriptions should be catchy and keyword optimized. If you haven’t put any thought into a title or good description, then you are missing out on a key algorithm that both Google and YouTube utilize to rank videos in search results. Make your title clear, concise and accurate. It can mean the difference between hitting the number one spot or being down where no one is looking (and beneath your competition) even if you have great ratings!
Any video marketing strategy should make proper use of YouTube to maximize exposure and potential for favorable results. By following these tips, you should see your video views spike in no time.
I hope this post has helped you. If so, please share by clicking the share buttons below! Want to know more to improve your video marketing strategy? Post your comments and questions below.