How To Master Content Marketing: Interview With Mike Stelzner
This episode of The Social Scoop Podcast features an interview with Mike Stelzner, the mastermind behind every social media marketer’s favorite website for high quality tutorial-based content, Social Media Examiner.
If you ask him directly, Mike Stelzner is very modest and confesses he is no expert, despite being somewhat of a rock star in the social media world. In addition to running Social Media Examiner, Mike is also the author of Launch: How To Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond The Competition.
It’s an honor to have Mike on the show to discuss something that seems to be popping up as a buzz word in the mainstream more often lately: content marketing.
Here are some of the topics we discussed on the show
- A content marketing strategy that will get you inside the minds of your audience and figure out the exact type of content they will respond to
- A simple but powerful formula that Mike used to turn Social Media Examiner into the world’s most popular social media marketing blog
- Why making content for Google isn’t going to work anymore
- The one thing that empowers you beyond Google & Facebook’s mercy
- The seemingly counter-intuitive content strategy that’s responsible for Social Media Examiner’s success
- Why high traffic can be deceiving when analyzing your best content
- Learn the inner workings of Social Media Examiner’s insanely robust editorial process
- How Social Media Examiner makes money and obtained over 241,000 email subscribers
- A crucial step Mike took at the beginning that helped exponentially grow Social Media Examiner beyond his reach
- The secret to creating truly sticky content that makes people share like crazy
- How to get casual readers to make the jump to becoming a brand evangelist that shares every post
March 26-28, 2014: Social Media Marketing World In San Diego
If you already listened to the podcast then you heard Mike talking about this year’s upcoming Social Media Marketing World in San Diego on March 26, 27 & 28, 2014.
Over 2000 marketers from all over the world are coming together to learn out how to use social media from the industry’s leading experts to take their business to the next level. The unique setup of the conference will allow you to master which ever areas you want to excel in by running 9 simultaneous sessions, all focusing on the various social media platforms.
When people say most events are great networking opportunities, Social Media Marketing World raises the bar to an area that’s tough to compete with. The speakers don’t have their own VIP room to run off which creates networking opportunities to mingle with even the highest profile people at the event.
If that’s not enough, Mike has hired a special team of “Networking Ambassadors” that have only one job: to connect you with other people at the event. The connections I made at last year’s event were paramount to the success I had in 2013.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Social Media Marketing World In San Diego – March 26-28, 2014
- Joe Pulizzi’s Content Marketing Institute
- My Kid’s Adventures
- Social Media Examiner
- Launch, Mike Stelzner’s book